TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channels. Please take the time to read these as they include important terms which apply to you.
3. Amendments to these terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time and the terms applicable to your booking are those in force on the date of booking. These terms apply from the date set out at the start of these terms.
4. Statutory Rights: If you are an individual consumer you have certain legal statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
5. Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or Extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, partial or full cancellation or delay of major public event, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
6. Complaints, Questions and Disputes: If you wish to make a complaint or have a question regarding your booking please contact us. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days. If you make a complaint to us in relation to your booking and that complaint remains unresolved as between you and us you may use the European Commission’s online dispute resolution portal. You should note that any decision may not be binding and that neither we nor you are required to participate in online dispute resolution.
7. Our Liability:
a) We will not be liable for any losses which are not caused by either a breach of these terms by us, our non-compliance with our duties under applicable legislation or our negligence. We will also not be liable for any losses which were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. Loss is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen for example if you discussed it with us during the booking process.
b) We want to provide a safe and secure environment for your stay and where necessary we will take appropriate security measures. Under the holiday accommodation Proprietors’ Act 1956 (“Act”) we may be liable for loss or damage to your property while you are staying in our holiday accommodations. Where the Act provides that our liability is capped at an amount, we will only be liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. If an incident occurs during your stay resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel certain that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents our liability will be limited to the maximum sums under the Act and if an incident is referred to the Police and they draw the same conclusion as us this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums.
c) In respect of all losses which are not subject to a maximum liability under the Act or are not covered by the Act, our total liability to you for any and all losses shall not exceed twice the total daily rate we charge you for your booking. If your booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used.
d) We will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the holiday accommodation or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the holiday accommodation or not. e) Nothing in these terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or to attempt to) exclude or limit.
8. Severability: If any provision in these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision will apply with whatever deletion or modification is necessary so that the provision is legal, valid and enforceable. You and we intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected.
9. Waiver: Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms or otherwise or any delay in enforcing such rights or remedies shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
10. Third Party Rights: This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
11. Law: These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to these terms shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that you agree that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Making a booking and identification required on arrival
1. Please follow the directions on the website ( can be third party websites) to make a booking.
2. We will issue you a confirmation number when a booking has been made. The confirmation number is proof that we have accepted your booking. No booking shall be binding on Skanda Hafan until we issue you with a confirmation number.
3. Your booking is not transferable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part) or advertise or otherwise offer any room for sale and if you do transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking then we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. Any bookings resold or transferred may not be honoured and we accept no liability in respect of this. We may also refuse to take any future bookings from you.
4. You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking as we will not change the name on the booking afterwards.
5. You are responsible for ensuring that each person who stays at the hotel under your booking, even if you make a booking for someone else’s benefit and don’t stay yourself, complies with these terms.
6. You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with us and you must be aged 18 years or over to stay alone. If a guest arrives at the hotel and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification (a driver’s licence or passport) as proof of age and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
7. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) and a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a pay on arrival or walk-in booking at Skandahafan. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
8. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) or the credit or debit card used to make your booking if requested by Skandahafan at any time. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
9. Due to the COVID 19 outbreak, guests will be required to provide personal details of all the people who will be staying with us under the booking. Guests will also be required to fill information with regards to the COVID-19 symptoms. This information will be asked before the booking is confirmed and may be asked for at the time of check-in.
10. Group bookings will be performed as per the government guidelines relevant at the time of the booking.
Cancellation, amendments, refunds and no shows
Flexible rate bookings
Standard bookings are flexible and refundable. You can cancel the entire booking before midday on your scheduled arrival date online. Before midday on your scheduled arrival date you can cancel one or more of the rooms forming part of a booking by calling the Skandahafan team. If you have already checked in you can shorten your booking by cancelling one or more future nights of the entire booking by notifying Skandahafan before midday on the first day that you wish to cancel. We will refund you the money you have paid for any nights cancelled (including for any food & beverage Extras; all other Extras are non-refundable), excluding any booking fees.
Saver rate bookings
these are the booking where any discount in any strength or form is applied. Following are the example of saver booking, but these are not limited to this, As Saver Rate bookings are at discounted rates these bookings are not refundable in whole or in part. You can still cancel your booking via our website or by calling us if you are unable to use all or any part of it but we will not provide a refund on the room(s), any Extras purchased with the booking or any booking fee.
You can cancel an entire Group Booking in whole prior to 28 days before your scheduled arrival date by notifying us via our website or by calling us. Your 10% deposit is non-refundable but we will refund any additional monies you have paid (including for any food & beverage Extras; all other Extras are non-refundable), excluding any booking fees.
If you cancel a Group Booking 28 days or fewer before your scheduled arrival date we will not provide a refund on the room(s), any Extras purchased with the booking or any booking fee. Amendment All bookings All amendments must be made before midday on your scheduled arrival date online or by calling us. No bookings can be amended to a different type of rate (e.g. Saver or Standard). All amendments are subject to availability at the time of amendment. Standard and saver rate bookings Before midday on your scheduled arrival date you can amend the scheduled arrival date and/or the room type, provided that the amended date and/or room is available in the same rate band as the original booked date and/or room. Before midday on your scheduled arrival date you can extend the booking, subject to availability. You will be charged for the additional night(s) at the rate available at the time of the amendment to the booking. In respect of Saver Rate bookings (but not in respect of standard Rate bookings), you will pay a £5.00 change fee for each change made. Group bookings You may make certain amendments to your Group Booking prior to 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival subjected to availability and approval. You can add any additional nights to your Group Booking, subject to availability. Please be aware that you are only able to add nights after your original departure date (via the website only).
1. If you do not arrive at the hotel on the scheduled date of arrival, you will be deemed to be a ‘no show’ and your booking will be cancelled.
2. If your booking is a Standard Rate booking, you shall be charged 100% of the cost of the first night of the booking including any Extras. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking. If you have pre-paid for your booking and it is for multiple nights you may claim a refund for all nights other than the first night of the booking by contacting us. This refund will include any food & beverage Extras; all other Extras are non-refundable.
3. If your booking is a Saver Rate booking or a Group Booking you shall be charged 100% of the cost of the entire booking including any Extras. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking. Refund process
4. Where a refund is payable in accordance with these terms, we will only make refunds in full and to the payment card that you used to make the booking. If you cancel your booking before you check in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of cancellation. If you shorten your booking during your stay in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of the last day of the original booking.
5. If you fail to pay us when you are required to do so or breach these terms we may cancel your booking with immediate effect on notice to you.
6. If an event outside our reasonable control is reasonably likely to prevent us from performing your booking we may cancel your booking on notice to you and will refund in full any payment made by you in respect of such booking to the payment card that you used to make the booking, including any food & beverage Extras but excluding all other Extras (which are non-refundable) and any booking fees.
Your stay – requirements of you and the other members of your booking
1. Accessibility- we provide wheelchair accessible and limited mobility room subject to availability. Please specify this requirement at the time of booking.
2. You must not exceed the maximum specified occupancy for the room type which you have booked. The maximum occupancies are set out below. You will need to speak directly to us to confirm availability of cots and room size.
Family room The maximum number of occupants is 4 (including babies & children) in the following combinations: - 2 adults, 1 child (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (dependent on availability); - 3 adults and 1 child or 1 baby in a cot (cots are available at some hotels, dependent on availability); or - 1 adult and 1 child (under 16), dependent on availability - Additional mattress can be provided for an adult in the room keeping the total number of occupants to 4.
Triple Room - 2 adults, 1 child (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room; or - 1 adult, 2 children (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room
Double rooms - 2 adults; or - 2 adults and 1 baby in a cot ( dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room. - 1 adult and 1 child (under 16). Twin rooms - 2 adults - 2 adults and 1 baby in a cot (dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room.
Single rooms - 1 adult only.
3. When you require an additional mattress on the floor to accommodate an extra person, additional cost will imply.
4. We do not permit people under the age of 18 to stay. You must not leave under 18s unattended in any rooms or public areas at any times.
5. We will try to assist with any special requests but all room bookings are subject to availability.
6. We will require you to move rooms if you make a booking or bookings to stay for 28 or more days concurrently. If you refuse to do so we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking.
7. In making a booking you agree to not use our premises or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without prior written consent. We may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking if we believe that you are in breach of this provision.
8. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises other than in designated smoking areas outside the hotel. You must not smoke, either in the rooms or public areas, or interfere with our fire detection system or with any emergency equipment. If you do so we may terminate your booking and reserve our rights to take any further action. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our reasonable costs. The reasonable costs we incur if you smoke in our hotel are likely to include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
9. You must not bring any potentially hazardous or otherwise dangerous items on to our premises.
10. You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we may terminate your booking. You must bring any damage to our hotel or property to our immediate attention. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the reasonable costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
11. Cooking equipment including but not limited to microwave, microwave ovens, fridges and toasters must be operated responsibility.
12. You must not cause any disturbance to any other guests or our staff including but not limited to noise disturbance.
13. All room keys must be returned to us on check-out. If you don’t do this we may charge you for a replacement key or lock as required. In the event that a key is not returned after check-out we request you to contact the hotel to make arrangement for keys to be returned.
14. If you do not comply with any of paragraphs above when staying at our hotel we may terminate your booking and require you to leave the premises immediately and may retain any money paid to us for such booking. If we consider your non-compliance to be sufficiently serious we may not accept any future reservations from you and/or not allow you entry to or accommodation at any of our hotels.
15. Your responsibility: If you or any member of your booking causes damage or loss of any kind to us or any other guests, including but not limited to as described in the smoking instructions above, you will be responsible for that damage or loss and you as the person who made the booking will be required to pay the costs, including but not limited to those described in this policy.
16. If we are entitled to recover costs or other sums of money from you under this section we may (at our sole discretion) charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
17. We reserve right to inspect the rooms, bunk house and farmhouse at anytime if deemed necessary.
18. Rooms, bunks house and farmhouse may be inspected before check out for any damages. Any damages will have to be paid for at our discretion or we may charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
19. No additional cooking equipments (in addition to what is already provided by us)should be used. Fine will be incurred at our discretion if use of any unallowed equipment is found in use. We may charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
We shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring or the property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to Skandahafan or not.
To ensure safety of our guests and staff we have created a programme of social distancing and cleaning.
Cleaning & Hygiene
Extensive cleaning protocols are followed to ensure safety of guests and staff.
Cleaning is performed using antiviral disinfectant effective against Coronavirus.
Increased cleaning frequency of high touch points at entrances and bedrooms
All linen and towels are thermally disinfected
Customer hand sanitiser stations at key locations
Social Distancing Social distancing measure applies everywhere on-premises.
Only one person allowed in reception at any one time. Protective screen used as shield on the reception desk.
Contactless Measures To minimise contact, housekeeping team will not enter bedrooms while the guest rooms are occupied.
Contactless payment available
Face Masks Following government guidelines, all guests are required to wear face coverings whilst in public areas.
As per government guidelines, maximum of six people will be booked under a group booking. This will apply to both Farmhouse and bunkhouse.
1. The rate for each room is as published online, at the time of your booking on that channel.
2. Room rates are per room per night and are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of meals and other Extras. You may be able to add Extras to your booking during the booking process or during your stay.
3. All payments are due in full at the time of booking unless you are otherwise advised by us.
4. If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking we require debit or credit card details to be provided at the time of booking and we will charge such payment card for the cost of the first night of the booking if you fail to arrive. You will need to pay on arrival and you must do so by using, in person only, the payment card which you used to make the booking or cash.
5. If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking and the rate of VAT changes between the date of your reservation and the date of your stay we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay and charge you accordingly.
6. Group Bookings only: All payments are due in full at the time of booking for Group Bookings made 28 days or fewer before the scheduled date of arrival and are not refundable. For Group Bookings made more than 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival a 10% deposit is due in full at the time of booking and is not refundable and you must pay the final balance for your Group Booking at least 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival. If we do not receive payment of the full balance by this time your Group Booking will be cancelled automatically and no refund will be given.
Pets and other animals
1. If you have purchased an Extra to accommodate a pet or pets you may bring such pet(s) into the Farmhouse part of the BnB. Guide dogs, assistance dogs and hearing dogs may be brought into the hotel free of charge; please notify the hotel in advance that you are intending to bring such dog(s) with you. Except as set out in this paragraph, pets and other animals or insects are not permitted anywhere in the premises.
2. You must not leave pets or other animals unattended in any rooms or public areas at any time and dogs must be kept on leads in public areas at all times.
3. Pets may be allowed at an extra cost for farmhouse guests. This will be subjected to kennel availability.